Downloading and installing software
Which version to downlad
We offer two versions of downloads:
- Installation utilities in executable format.
- The same executable install utility archived inside a zip file.
In most cases you should download the executable version which is easier to handle. We are only providing the zipped version for these cases in which the firewall settings prevent direct downloads of executables.
How to Download and Install Our Software
To download and install any of our software (either a 30-day trial version, or a commercial copy from our Online Store), just do the following:
- Click on the download link. You may be asked if you want to save the file or run it from its current location. If you are asked this question, select "Save." If not, don't worry -- your browser may automatically pick "Save" for you.
- You will then be asked to select the folder where you want to
save the program or file. Note the folder you choose before
clicking the "Save" button.
- The download will now start. You'll see a progress bar that fills up as you download. You will also be reminded where you're saving the file. The file will be saved as in your My Documents folder in the picture below.
- Note: You may also see a box labeled "Close this dialog box
when download completes." If you see this check box, it helps to
uncheck this box. You don't have to, but if you do, it will be
easier to find the file after you download it.
- Depending on which file you're downloading and how fast your
connection is, it may take anywhere from a few seconds to a few
minutes to download. When your download is finished, if you left
the "Close this dialog box when download completes" option
unchecked, you'll see a window like this one:
- Now Pick Open to run the file you just downloaded. If you
don't see the "Download complete" window, open the folder where
you saved the file in step 3 and double-click on the icon for the
file there. In either case you might see a security notice like
the one shown below. This just means that your browser does not
recognize our digital signature.
- When you run the file, you'll be stepped through the program installation.